The collection consists of approximately 1400 drawings documenting the construction of St. Louis Union Station, hotel, train shed, and associated buildings, along with many modifications to the station up to the 1970s. Drawings from the 1890s-1920s are predominantly ink on white linen tracing cloth. Other drawings include pencil on tracing paper, pencil on tracing cloth, mechanical reproductions including blueprints on paper, diazotypes on paper, and Xerox (electrostatic) prints on Mylar.
Approximate size and additional information given for select drawings, and items available in digital format are noted.
NOTE TO RESEARCHERS: When requesting drawings please include the folder number, drawing number, description, and date. The drawing number is the four digit number that precedes the description for each item.